Thursday, October 2, 2014

BLACK COFFEE, a Mark Harris film


Man! Netflix has done it again! Watched Mark Harris's BLACK COFFEE last night for the very first time. I haven't been that pleasantly entertained in a very long time. CASTING WAS IMPECCABLE, THE STORYLINE WAS ENGAGING, and THE FILM'S MESSAGES ON SOMETIMES HAVING TO GO THROUGH THE FIRE BEFORE YOU CAN ARRIVE AT YOUR PURPOSE COUPLED WITH STRENGTHENING A PEOPLE AND A COMMUNITY ECONOMICALLY THROUGH ENTREPRENEURSHIP WERE ADMIRABLE, INSPIRING, and TRUTH!

The cast performed as an ensemble, but, as a Chicago actress I didn't get a movie full of men and women "acting" out movie roles. What I got was a group of BELIEVABLE characters who unfolded a storyline that could have been REALity television, but, FAR BETTER and MORE REALISTIC than much of the reality television on air today. I have never laughed so hard THROUGHOUT a movie as I did with BLACK COFFEE!

Christian Keyes was absolutely wonderful throughout the film and EXCELLENT as the film's comedic relief, with his FINE self!

I just finished watching Erica Hubbard in 4 seasons of Lincoln Heights in three days. To then see her performance in BLACK COFFEE makes me want to go back and see EVERYTHING SHE'S EVER BEEN IN! Her acting range, in my humble opinion, is the equivalent to Mariah Carey's vocal range! In other words, Erica Hubbard CLEARLY has the capability to superbly nail a character from one end of the spectrum to the other, with ease.

If I had the chance to interview Darrin Henson and Gabrielle Dennis, I would ask them if they actually SAW SPARKS on set because for me, THE LOVE WAS REAL!

I could go on and on and on about the different characters in the film, their storylines, the decisions that Mark made with defining the characters and the story that he so eloquently told us in BLACK COFFEE, but, it all just boils down to me picking rose petals and counting all the ways that I LOVE THIS FILM!

Mark Harris, you have forever changed how I'll look at and think about BLACK COFFEE! No doubt I knew that you were talented, but, I took your artistry, your GIFTS for granted. I in essence slept on you, but, NO MORE...NEVER AGAIN! Your work is distinguishable and worthy of accolades! You don't just entertain, YOU EDUCATE! I have MAD RESPECT for you, your work, and your vision which is evident through your productions. I hereby publicly proclaim that I AM FOREVER A SUPPORTER AND A FAN OF MARK HARRIS FILM PRODUCTIONS! I AM PROUD OF YOU!

BLACK COFFEE Trailer
http://youtu.be/qxbdALNNc7k

Movie "Black Coffee" A Mark Harris Piece
https://www.facebook.com/BlackCoffeeNoSugarNoCreamAMarkHarrisPiece

Black Coffee, No Sugar, No Cream’s is a story about Robert (Darrin Henson) who believes his world is crushed after he's fired from a company that his Father built from the ground up. But, oftentimes, people come into your life and plant the seed of purpose and this is what Robert found in Morgan (Gabrielle Dennis). But, Morgan's ex husband: Hill (Lamman Rucker) and Robert's girlfriend Mita (Erica Hubbard) are both still in the picture, which could mean it wasn't the right timing for Robert and Morgan to be romantically linked. Julian (Christian Keyes) the comedic relief in the film, attempts to help Robert make the most logical decision, but, knowing that sometimes people come into your life for particular reason. Morgan's reason for being in Robert's life was probably to encourage him to jump out on faith, find his purpose in life and start building his own business. This is a great film about discovering your purpose in life.

A film about when you're faced with a life transition, look deep within yourself to find what makes you passionate. Is it your career? Your family or children? By identifying your purpose in life and the things that fulfill you, it will be easier to move past major stressful situations and have confidence in knowing you can and will move forward. When Robert found his purpose in his he discovered he found happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment