Friday, January 29, 2016

Unexpected (2015)


OH, MY GOD! My youngest daughter, Alexandria Michele​, MAKES ME SICK! UGH! LOL I just happened to watch this movie last night on Netflix and learned that its setting is the Chicago, Illinois Englewood Community and the high school is Lindblom Math and Science Academy, which is where Alexandria graduated from. All of the student extras in the film were ACTUAL LINDBLOM STUDENTS at the time of filming. Alexandria is one of those students who opted out of participating as a student extra and she didn't even tell me about it. I would have had this film plastered all over social media, but, I guess she knew that. Ugh!!!!! The lesson here is, if you want to keep a secret from me, tell my children, I'LL NEVER GET WIND OF IT! TRUST ME!

At any rate, this is a TOP NOTCH FILM! It was an Indie Film that had its world premiere at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival on January 25, 2015.

Casting of the main characters were SOLID and the storyline was AMAZING! The closeness of the teacher/student characters was REAL and the level of INTELLIGENCE of Jasmine, the LMSA high school senior graduating with a 3.8 GPA played by actress Gail Bean, is DEFINITELY indicative of the typical levels of intelligence of Lindblom students! I cannot express enough just how PROUD I am of this movie project. I only wish that I had known about it sooner because I probably would have volunteered to be an extra in it myself, if that was allowed, but, then again, that's probably why Alexandria didn't say anything to me about it because she knew that I would want to be a part of it! I CAN'T STAND HER BIG HEAD SELF! LOL UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS FILM, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, IS A MUST WATCH MOVIE!

Unexpected (2015)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145304/

Unexpected Official TRAILER (2015)
https://youtu.be/KOpwXR-OwF8

"Samantha Abbott is a dedicated and passionate teacher at an inner-city Chicago high school. Just as she is coming to terms with her school closing, Samantha faces some life-changing and unexpected news: she is pregnant. After breaking the news to her live-in boyfriend John and opinionated mother, Samantha learns that one of her most promising students, Jasmine, has landed in a similar but very different situation. As the women navigate their ambitions for the future, Samantha and Jasmine forge an unlikely friendship that will challenge their perspectives and leave a lasting impact on one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment